Saturday, April 20, 2013

Alphas and Why I LOVE them




I think my love of Alphas started with Charles H. Troutt. Who the HELL is that you ask. My grandpa, he was a true alpha in my opinion. He ran the family, did what he thought was best for us but loved me with a love like I have never known since.  
 I started thinking about Alphas when a friend looked through my nook and was like what is with all the Alpha men in you books, honestly I hadn’t even realized it until then.  But I have since begun to ponder this love of Alphas.
I searched the internet and when you type in Alpha male over 1 million entries comes up.  I read some but none of them hit just the right spot for me.  I think I have known only one true Alpha since grandpa, he was an officer I used to fly with and as my friend Jen could tell you we were shall I say focused on him.  He is hard to describe as are most Alphas.
It seems a lot of people want the male character to go through some big emotional change, not me I want him to be himself. I mean, really people, in real life 9 times out of 10 people don’t change don’t find yourself a fixer upper because he is going to be the person he is and you are going to be disappointed.


If we look at Alphas in books Jericho Barrons from Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series is uber alpha and we(her fans) adore him.  The question was asked once if he should have been different, less Alpha and the answer was almost 100% HELL NO, that’s why we love him so.  (Below is Eric Etebari Karen's inspiration for Jericho and a great guy because he lets all her fans have fun with him at her parties.)
 Look at J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood, which I love full of big strong alphas.  I think people often confuse Alpha with asshole you know someone who doesn’t have any emotion but I don’t see that at all.  An Alpha feels things more strongly than the lesser man, this makes his love all the more irresistible, it swallows you whole and you can lose yourself in it knowing he will keep you safe.
  I think the reason I love Alphas is because I am one in my real life, as most of the people who really know me would confirm.  When I searched alpha female it is defined as

“An Alpha Female is a dominant female in a group. She dates as many males as she wants, is strong and confident, and a hard worker as well as often busy. She is usually sarcastic because she's powerful and playful. Alpha Females are intelligent, intellectual problem solvers; and though being an alpha female is more of a state of mind than a physicality, an alpha understands that dressing up or sexy increases her power in society, so she does it. Alpha Females are often terribly misunderstood by Beta and lesser males, as evident by the other posts about Alpha Females, and when this happens, she's called a bitch, a cunt, or a whore ... Alpha Females prefer passion over romance, although if it's romance coming from an Alpha Male, a hootttttt one, that's another story...”Urbandictionary.com


Now I have been called most of those things and honestly I could care less so yeah guess I am alpha.  And I love Alphas in books because I can lose myself in the fantasy of having someone take control and losing myself if only for the time I am there. In reality I don’t think it works since I have found most men don’t know how to take control without being dicks about it;)

What do you think why do you love alpha males?

No comments:

Post a Comment