Friday, April 19, 2013

Quantum Leap and Butterfly Effect

Quantum Leap was a favorite of mine, one that I will still watch on Netflix.  The very idea of going back in time, I mean who hasn't thought about that.
And of course that lends to the ripple affect of how you change things.  And who couldn't feel for poor Sam never being able to get home and never knowing what was going to be happening to him.  the Uh oh moments.  That and the crap equipment he had to deal with. You would think if they could send you hopping thru time and space and into other peoples bodies that the handheld Ziggy would work at least 90% of time but no.  We saw how little changes made a big difference in the peoples lives and possibly in Sam's life.

Fast forward to 2004 and you have Ashton Krutcher's character in Butterfly Effect who goes back to try to make things better and the results are to say the least disastrous. I mean we are talking serious consequences to the tiniest of changes.

So the question is if science fiction became reality would you go back and change something knowing it could change everything?  I lost my mom 18 long years ago and I would give just about anything to have her back but I wouldn't give my kids and chances are if she had lived I wouldn't have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment