Friday, October 25, 2013

Dealing with PCD

OMG

 I have PCD

(Post Con Depression)

(this is my name for it)

 

 

Ok so months ago I realized that Norman Reedus was coming to St Louis.  I was going that was final, then I realize he and Sean Patrick Flanery would be in Nashville and I was like "wait a tick" I am going there..you know double the pleasure=double the fun!!

So I bought my ticket and I felt like this..

fast forward to a few days before the Con and I started packing

and the nerves started to build then suddenly I was driving to Nashville...




 

 I walk in and see Norman and Sean and I am all 




The I meet up with my twitter friends and it gets to this level



 And then just as quickly it was over, the hugs, the pictures and the fun and I was heading home


and I was like this 
 


 and this 


So here I am sitting in my house and I am looking at pictures and watching youtube videos and movies.

 

 It might be getting better but it doesn't seem like it.
So I am like



 and my day to day life is a little boring



 If this seems familiar to you that means you too have PCD.  You worked for months to prepare for the Con - you sweated, obsessed, planned, rehearsed, imagined and then,

 it is over.  It is common to feel a sense of let-down after the completion of something into which you have put a lot of energy, emotion and time. The thing you looked forward to and obsessed over, focused your energies on,  talked about and the thing that you put everything off until "after" ....is over. "Post Con Depression" sets in. 
So now what do you do?

According to Light on the Subject, there are steps to get back to the old you..

 
Three Stages of Post-Event Recovery
 
Reflect and Rest:
"Notice any feelings that you or others that were involved in your event may be experiencing. Are you disappointed? Exhausted? Happy? Elated?  Just "Blah"?  Accept that you may have conflicting feelings of elation, exhaustion and letdown that rise up at different times of the day or week and that is perfectly okay.   Discuss the feelings with someone close to you. "
I say...Remember to give yourself time to grieve

Remember and Revel:
"Think about your event, your achievement, your "party." Recognize the highlights, talk about the event, look at the photos, laugh and debrief. Keep the positive memories flowing around that event. Create a visible reminder for yourself - a framed photo? A new screensaver? No, this is not "living in the past", it is simply giving the proper credit to a significant time in your life. Continue to celebrate your achievement."

Revive and Re-ignite: 
"Start thinking about what you want to create for the future. What exciting event do you imagine in your future?  Re-ignite your and your group's passion by dreaming of the future possibilities.  What is your future vision?  What are you dreaming about?And yes, get excited again.


  "What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls butterfly"  - Lao Tzu



And so I have begun to plan for the next meeting, tighter hugs and the smells of Christmas Morning and heaven rolled into one...



 It appears to be a vicious cycle at least here in my head but at least I made friends that are in same boat.






No comments:

Post a Comment