Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Orleans

 

My Love Letter to New Orleans

 

The City of Souls

She calls to me in my dreams,

a sweet seduction...

urging me back to her loving embrace,

She envelopes you like an old lover,

a sensual glide of lust and longing,

a sexual temptation,

but also

the lure of escape...

I reach teetering on the edge 

before I rush headlong into her arms.

LOST



My second visit you opened your arms and welcomed me back, we walked your streets and got to know each other again. You showed me the music and the art, we drank and ate.

 And then we drank some more, we danced into the morning hours and then you walked us home keeping us safe.  You made me feel young and free again just like the last time, you reminded me of who I used to be before life changed me.  You looked at me and I felt beautiful.  And each night you kissed me goodnight and told me you would be waiting when I arose, and my heart ached to leave you and I missed you the second the door closed and I laid upon the bed.

When it was time to go, you pleaded with me begging me to stay . And I almost did but my family called to me and with tears in my eyes, I hug you to me one last time but promised I would come back. I thought that the feeling would fade this ache that I have for you but it seems that no matter where I visit or who I meet you are on my mind calling to me. And so the next trip is planned, I am bringing someone who I hope you welcome like you did me, I want him to fall head over heels like I did. I want to hold his hand while we walk your streets so I can show him your beauty.


New Orleans called to me before I ever walked the streets, my love of paranormal lured me to her.  It all started with the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice.  And of course The Vampire Lestat was set at least partially in New Orleans.  Through the books I fell in love with the city and when I visited the souls there must have sensed something in me that allowed them to bind me to this city because I feel as if I left a piece of me there and it calls, wails for me to return.  I also read the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and again it is set in this city that has ensnared me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment